The weather is finally starting to warm up and that means spending more time outdoors. However, with the warmer weather comes pesky bugs. No one wants to be dealing with bees, wasps, and mosquitoes while trying to enjoy time outside. Here are 5 ways to keep bugs at bay so you can relax and enjoy nature.
1. Keep a clean house. A clean house is a bug-free house. Be sure to regularly sweep, vacuum, and mop your floors. Wash your dishes and put away any food that may attract bugs.
2. Use airtight containers. Store food in airtight containers or the fridge to prevent bugs from getting to it.
3. Fix any cracks or holes. Take a walk around your perimeter and look for any cracks or holes that might be inviting bugs inside. Seal them up with caulk or another appropriate material.
4. Keep your yard clean. Cut the grass regularly and remove any debris or Standing water that could attract bugs.
5. Use bug spray. When all else fails, resort to bug spray. Be sure to choose a bug spray that is safe for you, your family, and your pets. Apply it liberally and often for the best results.
More Pest Control Options
If youre still having trouble keeping bugs away, there are a few more things you can try.
- Citronella candles: These candles release a scent that bugs find repulsive. Theyre great for use during outdoor parties or gatherings.
- Bug zappers: These devices attract bugs with a light and then electrocute them. Theyre not the most humane option, but they can be effective in getting rid of large numbers of bugs quickly.
- Essential Oils: Certain essential oils, like eucalyptus oil, can be used to repel bugs. You can add a few drops to a diffuser or make your bug spray by mixing it with water and witch hazel.
- Bug screen: The screens can be placed over entry points to keep bugs from getting inside. A door bug screen can also be placed over doorways to patios and decks to keep bugs out of your outdoor living space.
If youre still having trouble keeping bugs at bay, contact a pest control professional. They will be able to help you identify the source of the problem and find a solution that works for you. Bugs are no fun, but with a little effort, you can enjoy your time outdoors bug-free. Follow these tips and enjoy the warmer weather.
The Best Way to Store Your Belongings After Decluttering
Now that you’ve cleaned, avoid pests. Let us discuss the importance of knowing how to properly store your belongings. Follow these tips for the best way to store your belongings after decluttering.
1. Get rid of anything you don’t need. This includes clothes, shoes, books, and anything else that is taking up space in your home. If you haven’t used it in a year, chances are you don’t need it.
2. Donate or sell items that are still in good condition but that you no longer use or need. Many charities take gently used goods. Selling on Facebook Marketplace or consignment shops are also great options.
3. Store seasonal items such as winter clothes and holiday decorations in plastic bins or storage containers. Label the bins so you know what’s inside and put them in a place where they won’t be in the way.
4. Keep frequently used items within easy reach and put less frequently used items in a storage closet or attic. Use clear plastic bins to store small items such as jewelry, office supplies, and makeup. This will help you stay organized and be able to see what you have.
5. Get rid of anything that is broken, damaged, or that you no longer need. If something can’t be fixed, don’t waste your time or money trying to repair it.
6. Ask a friend or family member to borrow items that you don’t use often but that they might need or want. This includes things like sports equipment, tools, and books.
7. Invest in furniture that has built-in storage such as ottomans with storage, coffee tables with drawers, and end tables with shelves. This will help you keep your living space clutter-free.
Last but not least make it a habit to put things away as soon as you’re done using them. This will help prevent clutter from building up. Do a little bit each day and your home will stay clean and organized.
By following these simple tips, you can avoid dealing with unwanted guests this summer and finally get the relaxation you deserve. They will also help you declutter your home and find a place for everything. With a little effort, you can keep your home organized and free of clutter. Enjoy your time outdoors without having to worry about being bugged.